Join our great Pet Nutriton Team in Germany.
(Senior) Communication Manager (m/f/d)
You will be responsible for building and promoting corporate, category and brand reputation of Mars Pet Nutrition in Germany. The role will drive our global purpose programs within Germany with the objective of creating and enhancing the company’s image with external audiences (including opinion leaders such as journalists in traditional and digital media, consumers, industry group leaders, non-profit groups, and public officials) and associates internally by securing structured and engaging flow of information, incl. selection of the right channels.
- Bachelor/Master´s degree, preferably in business with a major in communications or similar
- Ideally 6+ years of experience in addition to a successful track record of internal/external communication
- Fluent in German, strong written and spoken English
- Extensive experience in crisis/issues management and with government interaction/government relations
- High level of pro-activeness and willingness to take responsibility
- Good business understanding
- Drive strategy and programming in support of our purpose-led initiatives like Better Cities for Pets and our ambition to end pet homelessness in partnership with external stakeholders and media.
- Collaborate with Marketing teams on a local and regional level to integrate our purpose-led initiatives into brand communication
- Support our Marketing and Customer teams with relevant communication assets for Trade, also through leveraging external media outlets for the trade.
- Serve on a cross-functional team to drive and communicate our Sustainable in a Generation plan,
- Collaborate with our Global and regional Communications and Public Affairs teams to drive actionable change that furthers our purpose.
- Manage corporate reputation agency and collaborate with marketing to ensure successful program development and execution that meets or exceeds all aligned measures.
- Serve as communications expert in our Crisis Management Team by managing communication in case of crisis, maintaining local business continuity and coordinating media trainings
We are offering:
- A fantastic opportunity for an experienced internal/external communications manager to lead high profile communication projects within a very international fast paced work environment
- Working in a family owned company with strong core values where associates are the core of everything we do
- Exciting national and international development opportunities
- Enrolment to world class training via our Mars University centre of learning excellence
…just to name a few…